0 0

A morning of hustle and bustle at an apartment building on Buckland Avenue.

The Kelowna Fire Dapartment was called to the complex at 445 Buckland Avenue just before 10am about smoke filling a unit on the first floor.

"Apparently it was just burnt material from the stove. The tenant put it in the wastepaper basket and didn't notice it until we got here."

Captain Mike Hill says they ventilated the building and no one suffered injuries or smoke inhilation.

No units were damaged.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here.

Kelowna News

  • Blue Jays drop opener

    Robinson Chirinos and Rougned Odor hit home runs off Toronto ace David Price as the Texas Rangers opened their American League Division Series against the Blue Jays with a 5-3 victory.

    The return of post-season baseball to Toronto after a 22-year absence left a lot to be desired for Jays fans, who also saw sluggers Josh Donaldson and Jose Bautista leave the game. Read More
  • Pathways Society gives back this Thanksgiving

    In celebration of Thanksgiving and Community Living Month, Pathways Abilities Society has decided to give back to the community that has provided such generous support over the years.  Read More
  • Could Kelowna's micro-suites create parking problems?

    Kelowna City Council has decided to restrict the develoment of micro-suites, units of less than 312-square-feet, to the city's "town centre" areas. Read More