Emergency crews attending to a chemical spill on Leckie Place


Chlorine bleach and a citrus cleaning solution, containing citrus acid, mixed together and gave off a vapor inside Sun Valley Foods on the 2100 block of Leckie Place.

Roughly 80 people were evacuated from Sun Valley Foods along with all building West of Dilworth.

3 people were transported to Kelowna General Hospital with non life threatening injuries.

People that came in contact with the vapor experienced a rash or burning sensation.

Fire crews are working to contain the fumes before ventilation can begin.

Pictures of the scene can be views at the AM1150 facebook page.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here.

Most Popular