Sun Valley reopens after chemical spill


All is back to normal at Sun Valley Foods.

The business was the scene of a chemical spill Thursday afternoon when chlorine bleach combined with citrus acid to create a vapour.

Crews were called to the 2100 block of Leckie Place just before 3PM.

Deputy Fire Chief Lou Wilde says employees were allowed back into the building around 5PM once hazmat teams cleared the building.

The chemical mixture gave off a vapour that could irritate lungs plus create a rash or burning sensation on skin.

Three people were taken to hospital as a precaution with non-life threatening injuries.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here.

Most Popular